May the feast of Pentecost rekindle in our hearts the fire of God's love for all, and energize us to continue the work of immigration reform in partnership with our immigrant sisters and brothers.
- Let us pray that God will touch the hearts of our representatives, and that our country's leaders will work together to bring about immigration reform that preserves and benefits struggling families in our nation.
- Let us be moved to action in support of our immigrant brothers and sisters.
The House of Representatives is running out of time to fix the broken immigration system.
Contact your U.S. House Member now and ask them to:
- Vote for immigration reform
- Support a path to citizenship
- Preserve family unity
- Employ safe and humane immigration enforcement practices.
- To send a pre-written, instant e-mail to Congress visit: www.justiceforimmigrants.org.
- Call the U.S. Capitol switchboard at 202-225-3121. Ask to be connected to your Members' offices.
- For more information, visit www.house.gov.
- Call the White House at 1-866-473-5915
- Submit an online letter at: http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/submit-questions-and-comments.
"I am from [City, State], and as a Catholic, I urge President Obama to stop the pain and family separation caused by deportations. The President has the authority to allow more of our undocumented community members to stay in the United States without fear of deportation. I ask that he use his discretion to end federal-state enforcement programs such as Secure Communities. End the use of methods that deny due process. Reform deportation practices to ensure that returnees are safe. Expand programs that provide alternatives to detention."
This action alert is sourced from the resource, On Fire for Immigration Reform: A Pentecost Toolkit. It was created by the Justice for Immigrants Campaign and can be found on the OCSJM website at: http://www.catholicsocialjustice.org/immigration.html