Deacon Edwin Lopez, St. Margaret Church, Waterbury, and Rev. Carlos Zapata, Sagrado Corazon Church, Waterbury, were on hand, along with OCSJM's Lynn Campbell and Arturo Iriarte, to congratulate the team on their successful efforts and to encourage their on-going advocacy for Comprehensive Immigration Reform.
OCSJM has worked over the past four years to develop Ministry Leadership Teams in a number of areas, inviting individuals to share their passion for social justice in ways that increase the capacity of OCSJM to reach out to parishes and communities with educational programs and resources. These teams have been instrumental in offering workshops at our annual conference, developing resources for parish programming, and in planning events and advocacy opportunities across the Archdiocese. We are proud of their work, and grateful for their generous commitment to our mission.
If you are interested in participating in a more focused way in the work of OCSJM, we invite you to consider being part of one of our Ministry Teams. Team members have enjoyed their closer connection with OCSJM, and new opportunities to share their interests with others who are equally committed, or interested in learning more about social justice.
Our current Teams include:
- Environmental Justice Ministry Team, Jeanie Graustein, Coordinator
- Bishop Peter Rosazza Conference Committee, Sarah Hillier and Arturo Iriarte, Coordinators
- Cooperative Parish Sharing Committee, Nancy Kiely, Coordinator
- Campaign for Human Development Committee, Lynn Campbell, Coordinator
- Immigration Ministry Team, Arturo Iriarte, Coordinator
- Global Solidarity Ministry Team, Mary O'Brien, Coordinator
- JustFaith Leadership Team, John Ryan, Coordinator
- **NEW** Youth and Young Adult Ministry Team, Sarah Hillier, Coordinator