one or more of the following activities.
* Pray daily for the protection of immigrants and their families, for the boldness of the faith community to advocate for human dignity, and for our elected leaders to enact legislation that provides a pathway to legal status for undocumented immigrants and that reunifies families.
* Fast in solidarity with those who hunger and migrate from their homeland to seek opportunities to provide for themselves and their families.
* Learn from your friends, neighbors and fellow parishioners each week to better understand individual views, broader societal concerns and to help your community move forward in support of the Justice for Immigrants Campaign.
* Give your time to help organize at least one bridge-building event between immigrants and non immigrants to share stories, build new relationships, celebrate differences and improve unity among participants.
* Advocate for just and humane immigration reform by going to justiceforimmigrants.org once a week and sending an electronic postcard in support of immigration reform to members of Congress. Encourage your friends, family and neighbors to go to the website and send postcards
each week as well.
The complete JFI Lenten Toolkit is available for download at their website; the Spanish-language version will be available shortly at the same site.
The dates of February 18 (Ash Wednesday) through February 20 have been designated as National Call-In Days to urge members of Congress to support comprehensive immigration reform. Call 1-800-855-5698 and leave this message: "Please oppose including language in a DHS funding bill which reverses the President's executive actions on immigration, and please pass comprehensive immigration reform."