Cooperative Parish Sharing
What is Cooperative Parish Sharing?
Cooperative Parish Sharing is a program of the Archdiocese of Hartford through which parishes across the Archdiocese make voluntary contributions to support the efforts of low-income parishes to meet the vital needs of their communities.
These annual pledges and the projects they support help to build solidarity among all of the parishes, suburban and urban, and provide an effective tool for empowerment and evangelization throughout the Archdiocese.
St. Aedan-St. Brendan Catholic School in New Haven is one of thirty Catholic schools and parishes in the Archdiocese of Hartford that received Cooperative Parish Sharing (CPS) grants for the 2013-2014 year. The CPS program funded a grant that enabled St. Aedan-St. Brendan to run a summer-school program for its students for the third consecutive year. Learn more about this need- and vision-based program by viewing this short video clip featuring faculty member and lead-teacher, Sherri Criscuolo.
CPS Pledges and Grants for 2013
Pledges are solicited from parishes each January, and are payable in monthly, quarterly or annual payments throughout the calendar year. Parish pledges are the sole source of funding for this important program. We are grateful to the many parishes of the Archdiocese that support this ministry so generously.
Parish Pledges Received in 2013 (for 2013-2014 Awards)
Grants are awarded each year for social justice projects submitted by eligible parishes. Eligibility is determined by the Archdiocese. Eligible parishes may also request CPS funds to help cover the participation fee for home repair projects sponsored by the HomeFront program.
Grant application packets are mailed early in the fall, for projects that will be completed in the 12 month period beginning in July of the following year.
CPS Grant Calendar
- September - October: Application Packets mailed to Eligible Parishes
- November 15: Completed HomeFront Applications due to OCSJM
- December 15: Notification of HomeFront awards
- December 1: Completed Regular CPS Applications due to OCSJM
- January - February: Committee onsite visits to evaluate projects
- By March 1: HomeFront grant disbursements
- April 15: Notification of Regular grant awards
- July 15 and following: Regular grant disbursements
CPS Grants Awarded for 2013-2014
Cooperative Parish Sharing Committee Members
- Mrs. Nancy Kiely – Corpus Christi Parish, Wethersfield – Chairperson and Program Coordinator
- Deacon Roger Albert – St. Ann Parish, Bristol
- Mr. William F. Appicelli – St. Rita Parish, Hamden
- Mr. Robert Appicelli – Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Parish, Hamden
- Mr. John P. Clark – St. Mark the Evangelist Parish, West Hartford
- Mr. Richard Dalidowitz – St. Elizabeth Seton Parish, Rocky Hill
- Mrs. Catherine Elia – Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Parish, Hamden
- Mr. Tom Kmetzo – St. John of the Cross Parish, Middlebury
- Deacon Bob R. Lewandoski – St. Stanislaus Parish, Bristol
- Ms. Mary O'Brien – St. Francis of Assisi Parish, New Britain
- Deacon Stanley J. Piotrowski, Jr. – St. Gregory the Great Parish, Bristol
- Ms. Carol Sue Schmidt – Corpus Christi Parish, Wethersfield
- Mr. Michael Verrett – Our Lady of Mercy Parish, Plainville
- Attorney Philip S. Walker – St. Peter Claver Parish, West Hartford
If you are interested in learning more about the work of the Cooperative Parish Sharing Committee, or in volunteering to be part of the committee, please contact Nancy Kiely.
For more information, or for assistance developing a grant application, please email the Office for Catholic Social Justice Ministry or call 203-777-7279.
Current forms may be viewed and printed from the links on the right side of this page.